Commercial Fire - Parking Garage
Golf carts conjure up images of peace, serenity and nature, right? Recently in Miami Beach, a golf cart was cause for a massive mulligan.
The cart caught fire while inside the parking garage of a major condo building on South Beach. That fire then ignited the blanket covering a Ferrari right next to it, which then ignited and then completely melted the Ferrari. Sprinklers helped put out the blaze before further flame damage could take place, but the smoke damage was done. Tens of thousands of square feet of soot spread throughout the garage, causing a massive mess.
SERVPRO of Miami Beach began the delicate process of working around dozens of high-value vehicles, ultimately employing the use of "ice-blasters" to remove the harmful and unsightly soot from building surfaces.
Although it is a semi-outdoor space, removing this soot is critical for numerous reasons. First, left uncleaned, the acidity of soot can cause erosion to the many millions of dollars worth of vehicles in the garage. Second, the presence of soot can cause health problems. Tiny particles of soot can be inhaled deep into the lungs. These particles can be toxic. They can lead to problems such as aggravated asthma, severe respiratory illnesses and bronchitis.